Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Kate Steciw

Kate Steciw uses hybridity with the clean, clear cut frames for her distorted looking paintings. 
such as here


I kind of think that her artwork is a kind of statement on society encouraging creativity, but then wanting to box it into a clean and organized file, you know. Creativity is good, but only to an extent.


The painting looks distorted and even disorienting because the frame is so cookie-cutter. I could use something like this effect in my artworks especially because my theme is dreams. This is VERY dream like and interesting. In my current animation that I'm working on, if I wanted it to be more dream like, I could use a texture that had this same sort of effect on the house, which is very clean looking.

I learned that hybridity can be a use of a bunch of different lines. Like how we learned about the meaning of different lines back in the film unit of Digital Media.


No comments:

Post a Comment